Acupuncture has been utilized for thousands of years to increase fertility and promote pregnancy. Acupuncture can actually be effective in both sexes in improving fertility.
- Acupuncture can help the female in treating underlying causes of infertility, such as endometriosis, fibroids, PCOS, or irregular menstrual cycle. The reproductive organs benefit from acupuncture by receiving increased nutrients and blood flow, as well as balanced hormonal levels and improved quality of the uterine lining.
- It also aids in relaxation and stress reduction which also plays a role in one's ability to conceive.
- In men, acupuncture improves fertility by increasing one's motility level, which is the percentage of one's sperm that 'swim' well. It is crucial to consider both male and female fertility when trying to conceive.
- Acupuncture can also help those utilizing IVF.
Acupuncture can support your health during all three trimesters in pregnancy.
- First Trimester: Acupuncture can alleviate morning sickness and headaches.
- Second Trimester: Acupuncture can offer relief from heartburn, sleeping issue, and elevated blood pressure.
- Third Trimester: Acupuncture can prepare your body for birth and alleviate aches and pains experienced at this stage of pregnancy.
Call Dr. Smith today to discuss this sensitive and personal topic.